Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Sukhoi Fighter jet and President Pratibha Patil

It truly was an amazing feat of resilience...as well as some amount of courage.When the President of India, Pratibha Patil(74) donned a G suit and got into the cockpit of the Sukhoi fighter jet earlier today.

Then stayed in the cockpit for a full 35 minutes, while the plane completed the circuit that had been planned for her.

Talk of wishes coming true...
It appears that this had been a fervent desire of the President to do this ...one day..some day...

And for which she meticulously went through the tough preparatory regime that was demanded of her, prior to boarding this particular aircraft..

As for me, I watched her on my television screen, fascinated.
For a lady, way older than me...
Did what she had wanted to...

Somehow...

And heard the words ringing in my ears.
"Where there is a will
There really is a way

No comments: