Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Unknown children at play-makes my day







Now that my own daughter has grown up, I sometimes miss the feeling of say,

Holding her hand and taking her out to the park. Just the two of us.....

Then putting her onto the swings and gently pushing her up, higher and higher.
And hearing her delighted laughter, as she feels herself going up, up, and then down.

Or then taking her to Baskin Robbins for her favourite 'Cookies and cream' ice cream, just becausdse she "felt like eating it now".

Even if it had to be done at 10 in the night, when sleep beckoned me- very, very strongly...
Or then to 'House of Prose 'where she loved to read books, more than buying them...

Or, Or, Or......

So what I've started doing now, is look for her in other children.

Children of the world, who are there, everywhere I look.

And everywhere I see a happy girl child , I see my Neha in her.

So Neha, these are who I've found so far. Among a few others...

Here's wishing you and all your friends in the UK, a Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year as well.

We are Missing you, child...
And have set up your Christmas tree too. Just the way you would have done...

Lots and lots of love
MA and PA

No comments: