Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Just think about this...







Y

We all go through our daily lives.
Some days are good, some are better and then some are not.

We smile, we laugh, we grumble and we complain.
Sometimes I feel that we complain more than we need too.If at all..
For we don't realize how grateful we ought to be for all that we have.

Until something impacts us. Enough to stop us in our tracks, even if momentarily..
As it did me..yesterday.
On a very, very hot summer's day, I stopped at my favourite coffee shop, Darcy's for a Hot cup of coffee.
Then (inwardly) complaining about the heat, headed off to a friend's for lunch...
A cool haven away from the summer sun.

On my way back home at abt 245 pm, I just happened to look towards a construction site and saw this.
Which hit me. Hard.

So I've added photos to my blog post.
To drive home the point.
Fom this..to this...

These people work through the day...till late in the evening. Exposed to the cruel sun's rays.
But even if they complaian, they have no one who will listen.

And despite all that.
They still have to go and on.

To build those luxurious buildings. Where we sit ensconced in our Air conditioned comfort zone.

Telling each other
How very hot it is today
...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You have spoken my mind...For me its impossible to reach home without sympathising with these construction workers and the 'baldiyas'(sweepers)whenever i see them and think of them..especially on a hot summer noon!!! Feel helpless thinking of the pittance they are paid and the huge commitments they would have back home towards their family.!!

mudita said...

The summer this year is unbearably hot in Delhi, and these thoughts come to my mind often - what if i had to trade places with a pavement dweller; what if i had to give up all the luxuries that are now necessities for my existence; do i have it in me to survive for a day without these; have i become a slave to all that i can afford just because i have had a privileged upbringing??? Do i even have the right to complain about the heat when i spend the better half of a day in an airconditioned room? Mudita.