Search This Blog

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Insta8Oman and how I came to be one of the 6 Finalists for Oman's First ever Insta8 Star




It was just a couple of days ago that I wrote my first post on Insta8 Oman, a unique Instagram event being organised at the Opera Gallera in Muscat on the 14th of April. The highlights of the event are all related to the number 8.

8 moments in 8 minutes by 8 motivators is what it will be about and the excitement around it is building up by the hour.

But excitement of another kind was waiting for me later that evening, when I learnt that I had been nominated as one of the 6 Finalists for the Insta8 Star! What will follow next will be an Instagram voting process by following @ Operagalleria and putting down one's preferred candidate.For all those on Instagram and interested in voting for me, my number is 3. From what I gather, the person with the maximum votes will emerge as Oman's very first Insta8 Star.  




With just two days to go, it is something that the rapidly growing Oman's Instagramming community is clearly looking forward to. As far as I'm concerned, I was always interested in being a part of the event, and am now even more positively inclined. 

The nomination itself was an unexpected pleasure and meeting and interacting with other Instagrammers  will  be a great way of networking and increasing  awareness of how social media has come to play  a very important role in  today's world. Instagram has clearly come to  be recognised  as a  social media website and online marketing tool that should definitely be an important part of a company's or a small business's marketing toolkit. What makes this tool unique is that it centers on the use of photographs and photograph captions only. Users can instantly post pictures with captions directly from their mobile devices to share with followers. By integrating Instagram into one's social media marketing campaign, one can give the online following an insight into the company in newer and more interesting  ways. 

Watch out for more on Insta8Oman after the event on the 14th of April.

Till then, here's wishing all of you Happy Instagramming!





No comments: