Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Que Sera Sera, Losing it, then finding it



I firmly believe that what is meant to be, will be.

Or looking at it another way, if you were meant to lose something you will, and if you were meant to find it, you will!



Some time back, I lost a part of my antique earing, one which had been gifted by my mother and which originally belonged to her grandmother.You see we were going out to a Diwali party and there was no way that I could figure out where I could have dropped it.


What will be.. will be
So I did the best that that I possibly could under the circumstances.
I tried to put it out of my mind and almost did.Until minutes ago when our cleaner just brought that piece and holding out his hand and asked me if I had dropped it.

I saw it twinkling as he held it out and my heart skipped a beat, then two..then three.

For it really was the missing piece of my ear-ring.

Phew! Did that feel good?Am I relieved?

Yes on all counts!

It could have fallen anywhere , in the car, in the lift, in our friends' home, on the road-but look where it was all this while...in the guest toilet, right here in our own home!


So as I started by saying, I firmly believe that what is meant to be, will be.

'Que Sera Sera'...   

3 comments:

Ravish Mani said...

The SECRET OF SUCCESS lies in the Irony of Life. One Succeeds After He Abandons the Very Desire of It.

Wonderful post... It also reminds me of the famous song featuring Madhuri & Prabhu Deva with the same title, "Que sera sera" At that time I didn't know its meaning but now know. Thanks for sharing :)

Sunaina Serna Ahluwalia said...

Thank You Ravish- it was just one of those things...
Glad you liked it:)

Anonymous said...

It's good to find what's lost.. it's like a surprise gift to yourself :D or so I believe cuz i keep losing and finding 'em (though the latter doesn't happen often :( sigh! )