Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Memories- On Reading

I lay curled up in a corner of the den, book in hand with just one table lamp on.Nothing else mattered except finishing that particular book.If I could help it, all in one go!



Completely lost in another world- that of fantasy, where goblins, trolls, fairies, The Famous Five, Secret Seven and so many other fascinating characters resided.This is what comes to mind when I think of myself -as far back in time as I can reach into the inner recesses of my mind.

Did I learn something, did I grow as an individual, did I feel better about myself?

All these were things that didnt seem to matter then. But with the wisdom of passing time and years, I now know the answer.

YES I DID- to all of them....

Reading is undoubtedly a key factor in shaping one's mind and overall personality. And so, all I can say is -encourage the younger generation to read, and you will be doing the right thing for them.

FOREVER.....AND EVER....

No comments: