Search This Blog

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Neha- One for you


This will really surprise you Neha, as I intend it to ...
After our very interesting chat yesterday, this is what I wanted to write-

I remember, it was the just other day that you were born, and I saw you looking at me- with those lovely, bright eyes. It was as if you were saying, "I know you Ma."And even though I was so tired and so exahausted after having just delivered you-I felt so happy....

I really find it difficult to imagine how a child who had /has everything done, cooked, bought for her till yesterday, (or so it seems)is now managing so well on her own.......

When you tell me that you cooked chicken and rice, or keema, or daal, or a chicken Biryani, I cant help but marvel...

You know, Neha, at your age, I didn't know more than how to make a cup of tea/coffee for myself!And possibly on the very rare occasion, when I just "had to"- a sandwich.

Neha, it really makes me feel very proud as a mother.
And both of us, as parents..... that you're able to handle your life ...on your own.

Now what I want you to do is also to look after your health.Particuarly, as it's now going to be winter in the UK. Always, carry your coat, and wear socks.And nothing cold to drink.

With lots and lots of love
Ma

No comments: