Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Odds and Evens in Delhi is working -Seeing is truly believing!



80 Re tweets, 47 likes and counting.

And all because I used this photograph clicked by me on my phone at about 12 noon on MG Road connecting Gurgaon to Delhi on my Twitter account-asunaina to show the world a scene that could only have been dreamt about- the road actually looked like this!


Driving on MG Road at abour 12 noon-5/1/16

Must admit, like many others, I too had been extremely sceptical about this Odds and Even experiment and in fact, had spoken to many of my friends and acquaintances about my reservations.

Until I went to MG road yesterday.Then  through many other parts of Delhi. It could well have been a scene from about 30 years ago( the kind you see in old B.W photographs) except that it was really happening.

The icing on our cake- We could actually drive in to village Masoodpur, and emerge unscathed on the highway back to Gurgaon on our return journey at peak traffic hours at about 6 pm.

Now Rome wasn't built in a day and I'm not saying that magic happens overnight, but what I can say is that the Odd and Even experiment in Delhi certainly has our support. 

4 comments:

Rajeev Moothedath said...

Kudos! Go Delhi Go and show rest of India the way!

Man of Tricks said...

Lucky you :) .. I still faced just the opposite scene in South delhi

Sunaina Serna Ahluwalia said...

Yes Rajeev- if this really works, Delhi could well show the rest of India the way!

@ Man of Tricks- Am sorry to hear that.I wrote about what I actually saw and experienced...

S.V.Sai baba said...

It is nice to know that something good is happening due to odds and evens policy. There is a joke on how to solve water shortage by following the same policy:
Schedule for taking bath:
All men:Monday,Wednesday,Friday
All women:Tuesday,Thursday,Saturday
All Kids :Sunday