Search This Blog

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Sights that linger

En route to Notre Dame, Paris, France
I've just returned from a trip to France and finally managed to download the photographs that I've been taking during that trip.

I know that most of you will probably laugh but I've got almost 2, 000 pics in a span of less than a fortnight!But I'm not complaining- at all in fact because that is the biggest  advantage of Digital photography as we've now come to call it. In fact, I'd probably go a step further and use the Twitter hashtag term of 'IPhoneography' as its now one of the highest trending words in twitter parlance ...

Just outside Notre Dame
I plan to review all the pics that I've taken and categorise them as deliberately and efficiently that I can, but am well aware that its not going to happen overnight.But in the meantime, I will sneak a look at the folder titled 'France 2012' every now and then and pull out a couple of pics that I can look at and enjoy.

And who knows, but probably manage to tell you folks a story or two as well?

So these two pics in this blogpost  are what I clicked one lovely evening while walking from the Musee D'Orsay  to Notre Dame, a route that took me past Rive Gauche and Pont Neuf among other Paris landmarks. It was a fairly long walk and I could have chosen to take the Metro( three stations away) or even a cab, but I deliberately chose to walk. That way I actually felt and experienced the essence of the place and  even as I write this, I can recall the stirring of the trees in the breeze, the lights coming on in the stores and best of all, the experience of walking past the River Seine!

Magical, was it? Yes it was .... 

So here it is-a sample of my series of blogposts to follow- ' Sights that linger"



 








No comments: