Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Diets are notoriously hard to handle

"The toughest part of a diet isn't watching what you eat. It's watching what other people eat!"

This was a line that I posted on my FB profile today and was amazed at the number of comments that it generated. To cut the long story short, most of them were in complete agreement with the line and ruefully acknowledged that that that it was 'oh so true'.

As someone who has been through the Yo Yo syndrome myself, I consider myself as somewhat of an authority to talk about it. Diets are indeed a hard act to follow through and it is the easiest thing in the world to fall off the wagon.

You gain some, then decide to lose it, Which you do upto a point then get fed up, or just plain bored And then the cycle starts all over again.

So at this point in my life, this is where I'm at.

I eat all that I want to for a few days, then do the balancing act for the next few. That way I'm able to successfully maintain at least the semblance of a status quo.

But for all that I do/dont do, what I definitely try and do is walk off some of it away.At least 5 evenings a week I set out and try and do about 30-45 minutes at as brisk a pace that I'm able to manage on that given day.

It works for me and I'm fairly sure that it will for you as well

No comments: