Search This Blog

Saturday, January 23, 2010

In the 'Lost Valley'? No it's Wadi Shab


I had a real "Adventure of Arabia', last week. That was when ten of us, an all female crew, made our way up to Tiwi and Wadi Shab, here in Oman. 


I frequently believe that I can easily let pictures tell a story, so here's just another example of that.

Sheer beauty, lush vegetation (including palm trees and bananas), along with a completely unspoilt and undisturbed rustic charm- it was all  ours for the asking.

Many years ago, in one of my History text books I'd heard a Mughal king say,  "If  there's ever a heaven on earth,this is it, this is it, this is it". That was with reference to the Shalimar gardens in Kashmir.

Well I'm going to borrow that phrase and use it for this place, the Wadi Shab...


Along with letting my photographs do the rest of the talking

3 comments:

Vaga Bond said...

Sunaina, the first photo reminds me of Ladakh without the snow ! Looks like u had an awesoem time! :)

Sunaina Serna Ahluwalia said...

We did indeed, Pan! My bones were aching for the next three days, but the photographs are "to die for!"

Unknown said...

lovely pics again :) and undoubtedly they speak!