Search This Blog

Saturday, October 24, 2009

Tears- Of Sadness as well as of Joy

When I was much younger, I'd really wonder.
Particularly when I saw my mother start crying whenever she felt happy...

Thinking to myself, was that the way one was supposed to express happiness?
Yes, it was understandable and even permissible when one was sad or upset about something.

But otherwise.....?

But then we all grow up and become like our mothers.
Or then, sometimes like our fathers.
Which includes some of those characteristics we thought we'd never inherit, or display.

I now find myself constantly surprised,particularly at the ease with which emotions rise upto the surface and roll out as tears.

But these are tears of joy.
Such as when I watch the end of a match, or then a movie with a Happy ending.
More so when it appeared as though either of the two wouldn't be possible.

So this is what I've now wisely concluded.
It really doesn't matter if we let our tears roll out, or even if the world around us sees us crying.

Emotions are what they are.
Resulting in tears of sadness and many a time..
Tears of Joy as well.

No comments: