Search This Blog

Friday, September 11, 2009

Memory Lane and Facebook


Going down 'Memory Lane' is something that I like to do every now and then as it helps restore my perspectives and balance in life. Thereby helping me in remaining grounded and focused on reality..the way that it had always been.


Today, I have more than such an opportunity, one that has been created by the phenomenon called 'Facebook'. For it has helped me rediscover three of my very oldest, dear friends from Sophia Girls School, Meerut.In the last couple of weeks Pamela, yesterday Vipula and today, Sangeeta, all friends with whom I had completely lost contact with for ages.


Yet right now, I feel as if Im right back to those days...a time when we were all happy, young girls enjoying all that life had to offer.When nothing seemed to be more important than the all encompassing board exams. Yet, somehow we could never think of what possibly lay ahead.

Momentarily, if I were to glance back at the road thus far travelled, I feel a certain sense of vindication. For things have turned out right.

As for the other three, will really know when we sit together in the not so distant future, catching up on life over a cup of coffee.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there: Great to catch up with your blog now as well -- I want to read your book next. I am getting such a kick out of reconnecting with you and thinking about all these years in between -- what has it been? What year did you leave Meerut? It has been at least 35 years?

Sangeeta

Sunaina Serna Ahluwalia said...

Yes Sangeeta, I left Meerut in Dec 1976, so it's been 33 years!!

Am really enjoying the feeling as well...and now want to meet you ASAP