Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2009

Ghosts and the supernatural- Myth or reality?

When one is young, one tends to be fascinated as well as a little scared of that thing called a 'Ghost'.Because all those who claim to have seen one, talk of it in hushed whispers and try not to talk about such subjects when kids are nearby.

And so they manage to create a 'natural curiosity' in our little minds.Simply because what cannot be logically explained is considered a little more exciting perhaps...?

My fascination for Ghosts and spirits has continued. Right upto this day. One of my greatest regrets though is the fact that I've never come across one myself.Heard lots and lots of stories, devoured a lot of fiction as well as real life instances, searched the internet, yes...

But never seen, or even felt the presence of one myself .And actually wonder, will I ever be 'lucky enough' to come across one?

So what exactly is a ghost supposed to be?

According to The Sceptics Dictionary,a ghost is an alleged disembodied spirit of a dead person. Ghosts are often depicted as inhabiting old and haunted houses, especially houses where murders have occurred. Why some murder victims would stick around for eternity to haunt a place while others seem to evaporate is one of the great mysteries of the spirit world.

But here's really the thing.We continue believe what we want to.
Until facts to the contrary prove us wrong.


So I'm clear. I will continue to believe that Ghosts and other supernatural phenomena do exist...
And keep hoping..and wishing..

And possibly if I wish hard enough..
I might just.....

No comments: