Search This Blog

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day...and what it really means

I write this on Fathers Day, after having sent a text message to my dad.Because today is 'officially' Fathers day.Having planned to speak to him later in the day, when he's finished with his day's routine and settled and comfortable at home. (in Delhi)

Till a few years back, this concept of Father's (or then even Mother's )day didn't really exist, or even if it did, I really wasn't into it.All I know is that all days are equally.. Fathers and Mothers days...

So how do I look back in time?

Not very difficult, for even twenty five years after I left home and my parents, they are always with me. Or then, just one phone call away.In all my happiest as well as my saddest moments. Sharing it all....never intruding, never sermonising, never giving unsolicited advice..

I have this very great feeling of comfort and support. For I know that when I need a shoulder to cry on, its there. Or then, if I need to go back ..home...just to feel like that same 'little girl'..I can.
At any time of the day or night.

So I'm just using this excuse called 'Fathers day' to put down some some very top of mind thoughts, whilst I continue going down memory lane.

No comments: