Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2009

Praying and coming together -as a Community.

I've always ducked invitations to 'Satsangs'.

Or anything that sounded remotely like one. Not knowing what it entailed, and not wanting to make my way of life and living any different.

But this morning it was an occasion that I couldn't possibly...avoid.
So I went, wondering what exactly lay ahead...

Only to be pleasantly and delightfully surprised.
For I truly realized what the 'power of togetherness' entailed.

When many people scome together for a purpose, in this case to celebrate Ram Navami combined with a few basic tenets of the 'Art of Living.'

Chanting and reciting the same words/Mantras,breathing in and out simultaneously, singing.

Or then even, just sitting together in silence.

Successfully instilling a deep, profound and long lasting feeling of peace within me...

It really is true, you know, the power of a 'Community' is greater than the power of 'one'..........

No comments: