Search This Blog

Sunday, March 1, 2009

My parents-and their Golden Jubilee

Yesterday my parents, Harnam and Satinder, completed 50 years of their marriage...Their Golden Jubilee.

....and I was there, as was my brother,both their children. With all other close family members, and their friends...some of whom had come from all over the country, just to be a part of this golden occassion.

And when the cake was cut,I looked at them, in the midst of all the excitement, sometimes almost amounting to confusion, I saw them exchange a look. Just for a moment..And I saw it then.

What 50 years of marriage really meant...Just a calm and clear understanding of each other..no need for extra or unneccesary words..Just being there for each other..

Through thick and through thin...just being a couple..

And I felt...happy, proud,all mixed up..

But most of all, I felt thankful..for being able to usher this particular Golden day with my parents.

No comments: