Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

As a rule, I hate wearing 'religion' on my sleeve, preferring instead to think of myself as an individual who takes every religious ceremony, or outward appearances in my stride.

For I truly believe that one's religious beliefs are something very, very personal.

But things like this, coming out of the blue...really have the power to shock.And more than that..hurt..Very very deeply.

"One of London's most important gurdwara (Sikh temple), housing priceless religious books, has been gutted in a suspected racist attack in Britain.
Eye-witnesses said that a man, who entered the Gurdwara Sikh Sangat in East London, managed to escape just before flames were first seen."

Why on erath would someone want to do something as 'heinous' as this? For there is no other word that comes to my mind at this moment.

"35-year-old Gurpal said the women managed to save one of the holy books but the flames took hold before they could get to the other seven. "
Kulvinder Singh Virk, 26, another member of the gurdwara, said: "This is very personal for us. It's as if a member of our family has been burnt to death."

This is almost the same as what I feel. For something very, very personal has been attacked, trampled upon and destroyed today..

No comments: