Search This Blog

Friday, February 6, 2009

Nostalgia Lane

Going through life at our normal/hectic pace we tend to lose track of moments that matter. Now.

Or then, sometimes even moments that have mattered.

So I take a trip down 'Nostalgia Lane' every now and then. Simply by sitting down with a steaming mug of tea, in a quiet corner of my den. Looking at albums that have been put away. Or notes that were written, but are now half forgotten.

Simply by looking at these reminders, I can easily transport myself to a time when things were different. Our baby growing up year by year, our friends, now scattered in various parts of the world, our parents, their friends...

And so much more to delight in.

Then there are the people who are now no more. But who mattered so much then. And do too, even now.

And remember all that has gone by. Feeling good, or sometimes even a little sad.

Then I put all of that away, and come back to the 'now'.
Re-charged and re-vitalized.

For so much of what I am today is because of all that is there..
In all those albums
And all those notes.

No comments: