Search This Blog

Sunday, November 2, 2008

An Evening walk

The key to 'fitness' is consistent and regular activity - For weight loss, weight maintenance or just to feel good...

As to what form that activity takes, is something that every individual must decide for himself/herself. Having tried numerous forms of working out when I was younger- Aerobics,( fun, but only for a while)Yoga,( I find it difficult to sit on the ground beyond a point)going to the gym -(lonely if you do it alone, and a waste of time if you have people walking up to chat between their routine, apart from the smell of sweat that pervades the entire area!)

So I finally arrived at what I've been doing for the last many years- an evening walk. And that is a particular time of the day that I really look forward to.Whether I walk alone or in company, I don't let up the pace,and keep on at it- until the mandatory 45- 60 mins are over.

Looking around at the scenery,(ideally the beach, or sometimes our walking track) the other people walking at the same time, and the feeling of being in 'steady motion,'breathing in fresh air, and feeling the breeze on my face and hair,is something that I seriously miss if I don't walk for even one day....

And at the end of my walk, I head home -satisfied. The day's exercise routine is over, and any possible indulgence( particularly if it's chocolate based)is now a distinct possibility...

No comments: